Ultima 4: Flash Version
Ultima IV: Flash Version is a new and improved version of the classic role-playing game released in 1985. This new version widens the appeal of Richard Garriot's original game and tells the story of The Quest of the Avatar to a younger generation of game players.
- Play Ultima IV online with no further downloads required. Use any of the current browsers to play: Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, or IE.
- Save your game data right into your browser.
- Dropped chests have four different levels according to monster difficulty. Thus there's more incentive to take down Gazers or Balrons versus Giant Rats.
- There are now nine different chest traps: Acid, Arrow, Bomb, Blades, Death Bolt, Gas Cloud, Mana Drain, Poison, and Sleep.
- Random world monsters are specified by region, so you are more likely to encounter undead in the Fens of the Dead, or Pirates in the vicinity of Buccaneer's Den.
- Ultima V style reagent mixing. Specify how many cures you want to make, enter the reagents, and then be told if you were successful or not.
- Ultima V style camping. Specify how may hours you want to sleep and who would like to stand guard.
- See monsters, chests, and transports on view spells or peer gems.
- Resize the browser window to play in full-screen mode.
- Removed sleep exploit to remove poison.
- To be able to search for objects, players need to talk to people first. You can't just wander into Lord British's castle and search in the treasure room.
- Multiple keywords can be used to trigger conversation topics: e.g. you can ask about black or stone at the Britain pub.
- Different cursors let players know when there is more pages of text to be read in a conversation response.
- Dungeon fields appear as transparent coloured barriers so you can see any monsters hiding behind them.
- Game contains online links to the complete PDF versions of the Ultima IV manuals and documentation, beautifully scanned from the original game.
- Game has different combat animations to differentiate between attacks of poison, sleep, electricity, and flame.
- There are now 20 different wandering storm monsters that obscure player vision in the world. Watch out for a dragon hiding behind that passing twister.
- Winds are 'less random', and more likely to stay in one direction for a given period of time with less periods of CALM WINDS.
- The original game data has been completely transferred into XML making the game almost completely data driven.